Monday, April 5, 2010

United, Yes We Can.

Around two years.... is how long it took for me to take a stand on this issue and decide that deep in my heart I felt that it was an american injustice. At first, I didn't know what to think of it, and when I first heard about the act, I too, questioned if it was really fair for all american citizens. But I couldn't turn away from it... It kindles, I have to help this injustice in any way that I can.... This issue is a difficult one, because it is tied with much hate and discrimination, and above all, risk for deportation. But fear cannot continue to keep all dreamers in the shadows, listen: there is something in your hearts that is telling you to take a stand. No one, but yourself can fight your battles, and if you want change, then you have to promote it. All we need is to spread awareness, people need to understand that this act is not giving illegal immigrants special treatment... it is only allowing the opportunity to help this nation become stronger. Act now. Act now. United, Yes we can.....

In order to spread awareness, together with a person I love very much, have decided to throw a charity club night, sort to speak... this will be my first event, and I'm very excited to get started!

You too can think of little ways to make a difference, even just by inviting your friends to check out this blog, you are promoting awareness.

Listen to your heart, do the right thing. With that I'll leave you all with this video I found pretty inspirational....

No comments:

Post a Comment